All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his COVENANT and his testimonies.
No matter what path you may find yourself walking, if you are in covenant with God that path can only lead to mercy and truth.
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his COVENANT.
God reveals great and wonderful secrets to His covenant partners.
Have respect unto the COVENANT: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.
There is much cruelty in this world; we must strive to be faithful to our covenant with God. He supplies us the power to do so.
For their heart was not right with him, neither were they steadfast in his COVENANT.
My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my COVENANT shall stand fast with him.
My COVENANT will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
He hath remembered his COVENANT for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his COVENANT for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
For this is my COVENANT unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
And this I say, that the COVENANT, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
The Mosaic law can not supercede the covenant of Grace begun with Abraham and completed by Jesus Christ and given to us.
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better COVENANT, which was established upon better promises.
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new COVENANT with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
For this is the COVENANT that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
In the new, better and greater covenant of grace and a new heart God turns us into the people that he wants us to be and completes us.
And to Jesus the mediator of the new COVENANT, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting COVENANT,
Seven Symbolic Steps To Forming A Biblical Covenant
We see David and Jonathan formalizing their covenant with the first two of these.
1. They exchanged garments, symbolizing that everything belonging to one also belonged to the other.
2. They exchanging weapons. This indicated that each was pledging himself to the other’s defense; placing his power at the other’s disposal.
3. Each cut themselves in the wrist to make their blood flow and then joined their right hands and forearms together. The blood from one was now mixed with the the other. They were “blood brothers.” The Hebrew word for covenant comes from a root that means “to cut.”
4. They let the cut heal in such a way as to leave a visible scar on their wrist. This was to alert people that they would now be dealing with both of them.
5. They shared a ceremonial meal.
6. An other way was for each to take a portion of the other’s name, similar to the way the bride takes the name of the groom.
7. They built a memorial to the ceremony.
Their lives depended on their covenant partners. There could be no doubt as to each other’s reliability. In our covenant with God there is no doubt about Hs reliability. We need to seek the help of the Holy Spirit to strengthen our reliability.